Thursday, January 14, 2010

helping the recession

In being the good Americans that we are, we decided to take one for the team and make a purchase yesterday. We bought a house. In Elk Grove, CA. Don't know when we'll move in, but that's ok. As long as it can be the light at the end of my tunnel, it relieves me. Built 103 years after my current house (1900, 2003 in case you need some help with that), which can be good and bad. No antique character, but no lead paint charm either. Pool? check. 3 car garage? check. Bigger than 1200 sq feet? Check. (2900, to be almost exact). So moving.. when? Well, I have come to the realization that it's not going to happen this summer like I wanted. I can't seem to find a nursing school anywhere, that I can apply to until I completely finish ALL of my science classes. I have one left and am taking it this semester. However, courses 'in progress' do not count, so I can't apply until at least May 31. Therefore, aiming for admission in Fall of 2011. What about my big beautiful vacant house? Well, dad and Grandma will move there as soon as they can, we have just started the escrow count down, and keep it lived in until we can get up there.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on finding a house ... it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete