Monday, June 4, 2012

I still have a blog!

Caylynne reminded me that I still have a blog and it's outdated. I'm thinking she must be bored or else why would she even be checking, but ok fine, I will post.
I know our summers are like winters, but seriously, it rained ALL MORNING today. A lot. It was actually coming down.  But it's 11:30 now and appears to have stopped. Which is good because Matthew has a playoff baseball game tonight. It's a double elimination tournament deal and they suffered their first loss on Saturday. There is no consistency yet within our team - good players and bad can have good days and bad. It's hard to be consistent when you're 10 and 11 I guess.
speaking of which, Matthew is 10 as of yesterday. A friend told me his is now a 'tween. I disagreed but then Matthew said it's true. I really don't like that idea much. Can't believe my kids are so old and I haven't aged at all. Thankfully.
Speaking of aging... I am trying to reconfigure my life style. I realize it's not going to happen overnight, but it needs to happen. I feel that I have successfully given up soda altogether. It's been at least 2 weeks since I've had one and I think that's the longest I've gone so far that I can remember. I realized I was trying to decide between two evils - one of sugar or one of chemicals. So I just said no.
I'm also trying to volunteer less and put my immediate family first more often. I know that sounds really obvious, but it's very hard for me to do. And I'm trying to eat less garbage in general. Trying is almost the same letters as tiring, just so you know. All this trying really is tiring but I'm hoping the long term benefits will be worth it.
that being said tho... I'm frosting 35 Twinkies to take to school for Matthew's bday celebration today. So no soda, but yes to chemicals - unless I don't eat one. Putting family first, but generally the kids come first in some way, so that's not a change. And eating less sugar, chemicals, and garbage... well it is his bday celebration so really, I don't want to be the parent who brings in carrot sticks and ranch do I???
Speaking of which, if I don't shower and start my day soon, I'm never going to finish the treats.
Thanks Caylynne. I will try to write more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment